Southforward.com – Al-Shabaab group claimed responsibility for an attack that killed a US special forces force in Somalia.
Previously reported, At least one US special forces were killed during a shootout between the US and also militants in Somalia.
Reported by Reuters on Saturday (9/6/2018) A spokesman for the militants said they attacked a military base and killed one US soldier.
“We attacked a military base, killing one US soldier, two Kenyan soldiers and nine Somali soldiers from Jubbaland state and also wounding four US troops,” Abdiasis Abu Musab, spokesman for al-Shabaab military operations said.
Just known, Al-Shabaab is trying to overthrow the central government of Somalia and set its own rules based on its interpretation of Islamic law.
Since being driven out of Mogadishu in 2011, the group has lost control of most of the cities in Somalia. However, it still maintains a strong presence in the territory outside the capital.